VAM TOP HC
VAM TOP HC (High Compression) is a T&C connection based on the main features of the VAM TOP connection. This connection has been designed for various High Compression applications where it may be necessary to apply extreme compressive loads to the string (Elevated temperature inducing compression, compaction, subsidence .)
- Extreme compression resistance (Improved with regards to VAM TOP one)
- Excellent gas-tight sealing under combined loads
- Excellent resistance to bending and torque
- Excellent resistance to external pressure and compression
- Easy to use and repair
New Metal-to-Metal Seal
- A patented metal-to-metal seal system offers from 4 1/2" to 7 3/4" excellent gas tight sealing even under the most severe combined loads
- Sealing integrity remains constant despite repeated make-ups and break-outs.
- Seal geometry protects against galling.
Reverse Angle Torque Shoulder
- A reverse angle torque shoulder provides a positive torque stop which allows for accurate power tight make-up and minimizes hoop stresses in the connection.
- The wedge effect caused by the reverse angle gives the connection superior structural strength.
- The shoulder design was optimized in order to resist adverse conditions such as combined compression and external pressure or combined bending, compression and torque.
- The torque shoulder dimension on VAM TOP HC is significantly larger than VAM TOP and with a mixture of reduced torque this enables the connection to withstand extreme compressive loads that are achievable for the pipe body (See the corresponding gas tight VME Performance Envelope)
Improved Hook Thread Design
- A modified hook thread profile, with 3° reverse angle on the load flank not only provides the connection with superior tension strength but also increases its resistance to compression.
- The excellent structural strength including the increased bending and compression resistance, makes this connection especially suited for highly deviated and long horizontal wells.
- Optimized thread geometry minimizes the risk of galling even when thread lubricants are poorly applied.
- Coverage of the vanishing threads, long internal shoulder, and coupling critical cross sections greater than those of the pipe body, contribute to a high performance, 100% efficient connection.
Streamlined Internal profile
- A pin ID chamfer, tight tolerances on the coupling center and a long shoulder combine to minimize turbulence and energy loss inside the connection for high velocity gas flows encountered.