VAM SLIJ-II is an integral casing joint machined on plain-end non-upset pipe. The design combines a near-flush OD with high tensile efficiencies and stronger structural integrity. The connection is ideal for production and intermediate casing, liner and tie-back applications in all types of wells.
- Generous running clearances
- High tension & compression strength
- 100% Pipe Body burst and collapse
- User friendly
Generous running clearances
- Box is expanded and turned down to ODs that are typically 2% to 3% over the diameter of the pipe.
High tension and compression strength
- Thread design incorporates broad critical sections that develop tension efficiencies of 70% to 80% of the pipe body yield strength.
- Thread form and 90° Middle torque shoulder contribute to high compression strength, equal to 70% of the joint strength in tension.
Great structural integrity
- The new compound tapered cylindrical thread form design utilizes four planes to optimize stresses throughout the connection.
- The negative 10° hooked thread profile securely locks connection and prevents jump-out under high tension, even in the most severe conditions of over-doping.
100% Pipe Body burst and collapse
- A unique combination of internal and external metal-to-metal seals prevent pressures from entering the connection, ensuring connection pressure ratings greater than or equal to the pipe body ratings.
- VAM SLIJ passed the severe DEA 27 6 samples test procedure for flush and semi flush connectors.
- VAM SLIJ-II was specially developed to withstand severe excess of thread compound (over-doping).
- The connection stabs deep, with no risk of cross threading. Make-up is easy and controlled by the 90° Stop shoulder.